Lagoa do Fogo Volcano Geo Tour [Oct-Jun]
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: São Miguel, Azores Islands
Learn about volcanoes and see eruption evidence, enjoy magnificent island views, bathe at warm hotsprings or chill waterfall!
What you can expect:
You will meet us at the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo for check-in at the specified time.
A Van tour will take you up the Volcano crater and protected Natural Reserve of Lagoa do Fogo, stopping at Pico da Barrosa, Lagoa do Fogo, and Bela Vista viewpoints - for photos, and some of São Miguel’s best island views over the beautiful turquoise lake of fire’s 15 thousand year-old crater, its endemic flora, dramatic surroundings, and the Atlantic.
At 15:00 you will then head down the mountain northbound, passing by Caldeira Velha’s environmental centre for educational information on the volcanic origin of the islands, biodiversity, geodiversity, and geothermal resources.
Optionally you have the opportunity for a thermal bath in Caldeira Velha’s hot springs, or alternatively further ahead on the refreshing cold waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, surrounded by untouched beautiful lush green flora. With any time left, further down the mountain you can visit Ribeira Grande’s historical centre and 16th century fountain of Largo de São Pedro, ending at northern Santa Barbara Beach.
At 17:15 it is time to head back to the Marina for check-out.
Know before you go:
- Light food is permitted onboard, and a Camera is essential, specially for photography lovers - protect any personal equipment!
- Hot Springs’ mineral water will damage your swimwear - bring one you can spare!
- NOT FOR anyone in wheelchair, in delicate health conditions, or under the age of 4.
- Guided Van Tour (air-conditioned)
- All Admission and Tickets
Does not include:
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off (available separately)
- Personal Water supply
- Personal Swimwear